Care & Cleaning for the 19 Series and Daikin Aurora
Caution: Before cleaning, be sure to stop the operation and turn off the circuit breaker. Do not touch the aluminum fins of the indoor unit. If you touch those parts, this may cause an injury. Avoid direct contact of any coil treatment cleaners on plastic part. This may cause plastic part to deform as a result of chemical reaction.
- Wipe it with a soft damp cloth.
- Only neutral detergent may be used.
- Vacuum dust or wash the filter EVERY 2 WEEKS.
Indoor unit, outdoor unit and remote controller
- Wipe them with a soft cloth if dirty.
Notes on Cleaning
For cleaning, do not use any of the following:
- Water hotter than 40°C/104°F
- Volatile liquid such as benzene, gasoline and thinner
- Polishing compounds
- Rough materials such as a scrubbing brush
1. Pull out the air filters.
- Open the front panel
- Push the filter tab at the centre of each air filter a little upwards, then pull it down.
2. Wash the air filters with water or clean them with vacuum cleaner.
- It is recommended to clean the air filters every 2 weeks.
If the dust does not come off easily, wash the air ﬁlters with neutral detergent thinned with lukewarm water, then dry them up in the shade. Be sure to remove the titanium apatite deodorizing ﬁlter.
3. Set the filters as they were and close the front panel slowly.
- Press the front panel at both side and the center.
Appearance of the indoor unit may differ from some models.
CAUTION: Do not touch the aluminum fins by bare hand at the time of dismounting or mounting the filter.
TITANIUM APATITE PHOTOCATALYTIC AIR-PURIFYING FILTER
The titanium apatite deodorizing filter can be renewed by washing it with water once every 6 months. We recommend replacing it once every 3 years.
1. Take off the titanium apatite deodorizing filter
- Open the front panel and pull out the air filter.
- Remove titanium apatite deodorizing filter from the back of air filter.
2. Clean or replace the titanium apatite photocatalytic air-purifying filter.
- Vacuum dust, and soak in lukewarm water or water for about 10 to 15 minutes if dirt is heavy. Do not remove the filter from frame when washing with water.
- After washing, shake off remaining water and dry in the shade. Since the material is made out of polyester, do not wring out the filter when removing water from it.
- Remove the tabs on the filter frame and replace with a new filter.
- Do not throw away the filter frame. Reuse the filter frame when replacing the titanium apatite photocatalytic air-purifying filter.
- Dispose of the old filter as non-flammable waste
3. Set the filters as they were and close the front panel.
- Press the front panel at both sides and the central area.
Operation with dirty filters:
- Cannot deodorize the air
- Cannot clean the air
- Results in poor heating or cooling
- May cause odor.
Dispose of old filters as non-flammable waste.
To order a titanium apatite photocatalytic air-purifying filter, contact Ready Refrigeration.
How to Open the Front Panel
1. Open the front panel.
- Hold the panel at the recesses on the main unit (2 recesses on right and left sides) and lift it until it stops.
2. Remove the front panel.
- While lifting the front panel further, slide it to the right and pull it to the front side. The right rotating shaft is detached. Slide the left rotating shaft to the left and pull it to the front side to remove it.
3. Attach the front panel.
- Align the right and left rotating shafts of the front panel with the grooves and push them all the way in.
- Gently close the front panel. (Push both ends and the center on the front panel.)
- Don’t touch the metal parts of the indoor unit. It may cause an injury. •
- When removing or attaching the front panel, support the panel securely with hand to prevent it from falling.
- For cleansing, do not use hot water above 40°C / 104°F, benzene, gasoline, thinner, nor other volatile oils, polishing compound, scrubbing brushes, nor other hand stuff.
- After cleaning, make sure that the front panel is securely fixed.
When The Unit Is Not To Be Used For An Extended Long Period Of Time
- Operate the unit for 2 hours with the following setting.
Operating mode: cool
- Remove the power plug. If you are using an independent electric circuit for your unit, cut off the circuit.
- Remove the batteries in the remote control.
We Recommend Periodical Maintenance
In certain operating conditions, the inside of the air conditioner may get foul after several seasons of use, resulting in poor performance. It is recommended to have periodical maintenance by a specialist aside from regular cleaning by the user. Maintaining your equipment properly will help prevent untimely breakdowns, improve air quality, save money on your utility bills and extend the life of your HVAC system. Contact us to book your maintenance appointment!